What we do
Open Space Planning and Design
The design of individual parks, other open spaces within the parks and the open space network should be based on the identified values of the land, the neighbouring land uses, (including opportunities to borrow from them), the existing and future characteristics of the intended users, and a contribution to the long term sustainability of nature. Our love of parks begins very early in life and by the time we go to school most of us will have identified a special park that will be the focus of our pleas to mum, dad and the grandparents to take us there week after week.
The directors and staff of Savage Consulting believe that every park should be developed in such a way that it has the potential to be someone's favourite, whether through the play equipment installed, the constructed landscape features or the opportunities to observe nature.
Projects undertaken by Peter Savage prior to the establishment of Savage Consulting:
- Program Manager for new amphitheatre to Pine Rivers Park in association with Tract. (Pine Rivers Shire Council).
- John Scott Park master plan and playground. (Pine Rivers Shire Council).
- Walking track and lookout, The Boulders. Mulgrave Shire Council.
- Landscape works to Boondall Entertainment Centre, Brisbane City Council.
- Velodrome and pool complex landscaping, Sleeman Sports Complex, Brisbane City Council.
- Landscaping to Luggage Point Sewerage Treatment Plant, Brisbane City Council.
- Alternate street layouts, Spring Hill redevelopment, Brisbane City Council.